Twenty years ago, George’s Ranch was a very different place to what it is today and even I’m sometimes surprised when I think about how much has changed over the years. However, the one constant has always been a desire to do more, give more and achieve more. So, hold on to your riding hats because this year George’s Ranch is going to be even bigger and better than ever!
Here’s what to look out for in 2018:
· Two dressage shows and two jumping shows to be held at the Ranch between March and June. The dates are yet to be confirmed, but all shows will have qualified judges and course builders as well as cash prizes from our sponsors;
· Cross-country training in April;
· Easter and Summer Pony Camps (dates to be confirmed) as well as our annual Christmas show full of the usual festive fun and games;
· A new lunge pen and play area;
· Turnout grazing paddocks;
· A February visit from equine sports therapist Katrina Gothorp, LLB (Hons.), MsC Equine Science, AFHEA, EEBW, ITEC Dip. Katrina will be flying in from England to administer hands-on soft tissue massages to my horses Butterfly and Defender. While she is here, she has also kindly agreed to treat the horses of livery clients. For more information on times and prices, please contact our yard manager, Michelle;
· And a dressage clinic hosted by the internationally-acclaimed British trainer, Paul Fielder.
As I said, 2018 is going to be quite a ride and I’m sure we will have even more exciting news as the year progresses, but these are our initial plans for the coming year.
Of course, in some ways we have also been the victim of our own success because year-on-year the Ranch gets busier and busier. Therefore, we are also having to ring in a few more changes on an administrative level to make the yard run even more smoothly:
· From February, Karen will be taking over the bookings of her lessons so please speak to her booking your slots;
· No shows for lessons with any of our instructors will be charged the FULL amount for that lesson. Unfortunately, with so many riders now coming to us for training, we have a responsibility to ensure we waste no time slots.
And finally, I would like to thank everyone at George’s Ranch – from our team to our clients to the tourists who flock here every year – for making our yard the fantastic place it is today. I couldn’t have done it without you and I truly hope the events and developments coming in 2018 will make your experience, and ours, even better that ever!